Saturday, October 13, 2007

19 Kids... House Still Standing


I am not tired.

I am exhausted.

The kids were great. A little too wild, but a lot of fun.

Ben just gave me a kiss and said Thank you for the best birthday party ever.



They all were sophisticated and still kids. They ate too much sugar and laughed at the jokes in the movie "Clue." Almost all were armed with cell phones and sent text messages while sitting next to each other.




The kids I've known forever knew to be afraid of me when I growled. The others didn't- a first. they learned. I don't care about much but you don't throw paper plates of pizza at each other and you don't run through my house.

I'm proud of Ben. He's made new friends. Honestly, truly, nice kids. Big smiles and a lot of silliness, they all still sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

But now... it's time to lay our heads down on a pillow. Beanie is already there.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Sounds like a great time!

After looking over the menu, it's obvious these kids aren't into "making out" or any such thing yet...I mean, come on FUNYUNS?!?! I can literally taste and smell them now...and I haven't had them in YEARS.

Bravo for making a difficult transition birthday such a big success.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you survived!

After them eating all that sugar I would have been hiding!

Im glad he had a great birthday!!!!!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home